Monday, August 29, 2011

Time is Money?

Tommy, the head of a company in Jakarta, Indonesia. Once, he arrived at his home at 9 pm.
Unusually, his son, dinda, age 9 years to open the door for him.
Apparently he had waited long enough.

"Why not sleep?" asked Tommy
"I'm waiting for Daddy to go home, because I want to ask, How much salary Daddy?"
"You count it ..
Each day Dad worked about 10 hours and paid IDR 400.000
Every month an average of 22 working days,
Sometimes Saturday is overtime.
How much salary Papa? "

"If one day, Daddy paid IDR 400.000 / 10 hours, means 1 hour Daddy paid IDR 40.000 "

"Well, you're clever. Now wash your feet, keep sleeping yaa.." said Tommy
"Daddy, I may borrow the money IDR 5.000??" asked Dinda
"Why ask for money nights like this? Sleep .." asked Tommy
"But Daddy..." said Dinda
"Daddy told Dinda to sleep!" said Tommy
Dinda ran to his room with a sad.

After bathing, Tommy regret his action. Then Tommy to his son's room. Tommy saw dinda in her bedroom, crying and holding the money IDR 15.000

Stroking the head Dinda, tommy says, "Daddy apologized yaa... Daddy love u, Dinda. But why ask for money now?"

"Papa, I'm not asking for money. I just borrowed, I'll return if already saving more than pocket money this week." said Dinda

"Yes, yes, but why?" asked Tommy

"I'm waiting for Daddy, since 8 o'clock. Dinda would like to invite Daddy, take 30 minutes to play snake ladder. Mama say to me that times Daddy was very valuable. So, I want to change the time Daddy. I open my savings there are only IDR 15.000 ... Because Daddy, 1 hour paid IDR 40.000, then half an hour I had to replace 20,000. My savings are less IDR 5.000, so I want to borrow from Daddy. " Dinda plain words

Tommy was silent. He lost for words.
The little girl hugged tight with emotion.
He had discovered that an abundance of wealth who gave him all this time, not enough to "buy" happiness of her child.

The moral message ..
"For the World you are only one, but for someone you are the WORLD him"
Give time for the loved ones!